The setting sun glows golden on the old Johnson County Courthouse at Warrensburg, Mo. Constructed in the federalist-style architecture of it’s time, the courthouse was opened in 1842. The courthouse was used as a federal garrison during the civil war and was utlilized as a courthouse until 1870. The famous “Old Drum” trial took place here. After 1870, the building was used as a church, school, and finally a private residence. It is currently part of the Johnson County Historical Society and serves as a museum available for public tours.